Sunday, June 5, 2016

Plastic fantastics - musical edition


I was amazed to learn that many musical instruments I'd only encountered in brass have also been produced in brightly colored plastic versions.  There's a plastic trumpet, a trombone, a tuba, a euphonium . . . the list seems endless.

They even sound pretty good.  Some readers may be aware of the music of British trumpeter Alison Balsom.  Here she is at the 2009 Last Night of the Proms concert in the Royal Albert Hall, London, performing the first movement of Haydn's Trumpet Concerto in E flat.





Warwick Music in the UK, inventors of the pTrumpet, invited her to test a production version.  Here's how it went.





Warwick Music have just introduced the bargain-basement-priced pBuzz, a brand-new instrument designed for the first years of music education in schools.  It looks like a lot of fun.





Hmmm . . . I wonder what Miss D. would say (not to mention do to me!) if I brought home one of those, and announced my intention of learning to play it?  I suspect I might be exiled to the garden shed, complete with muttered comments about "bloody vuvuzelas!"





At least the neighbor's goats could respond in kind as I practised . . .




Peter

4 comments:

NobobyExpects said...

Could you justify the vuvuzela as belonging to your cultural heritage?

Old NFO said...

LOL, the last video is hilarious! :-)

Peter said...

@JL Domingo: Heritage, yes. Cultural . . . er, maybe not.

;-)

Anonymous said...

she's hot...dang