Sunday, June 26, 2011

Did they think this all the way through?


I note that the fuselage of the Airbus that crashed into the Hudson River in January 2009 has arrived at the Carolinas Aviation Museum at Charlotte Airport, NC. It was greeted by two fire trucks making an arch of water with their pressure jets.




Er . . . was this really a good idea? I mean . . . remember how this whole thing started?



(Image courtesy of Wikipedia)



Hasn't that poor plane had enough water by now?





Peter

7 comments:

Dave H said...

Hasn't that poor plane had enough water by now?

Naw, she's already proved she can take it.

Anonymous said...

Ah, let it rest. It's a firefighter thing...big hoses, lots of fluids pouring out of em....

It's a mano y mano thing.

Steve

Lance R. Peak said...

It's not a fire fighter thing, it's a way to honour someone/something that deserves it and is used commonly as a salute when an airman or airframe makes it's final flight.

They're welcoming it home

Peter said...

Lance, I'm aware of that, as are most of us, I think. It's just that in the context of this particular plane, it struck me as both incongruous and funny.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I figured you were well aware Peter, but I just felt that Steve was cheapening it a bit too much. I probably got up on the wrong side of the bed today or something.

Lance R. Peak said...

And of course I then hosed up my response. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Heh, reminds me of when I got to see the fountain show at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.

They were using that famous Celine Dion song from Titanic.

For a fountain show.

What.