Sunday, February 8, 2015

It's done at last!


Earlier this evening I typed the last words of the fifth draft of the fourth book in the Maxwell Saga, 'Stand Against the Storm'.




It's taken me over a year to put this one together.  There were times I got so frustrated with it I wanted to just walk away from it, jump a few years ahead in Steve's life, and do something else;  but that would have been cheating.  I went on changing the storyline, reworking the plot, and trying again.  I think at last I've got something that's both feasible and enjoyable.

Now comes the tricky part:  editing a year's worth of work to make sure that everything hangs together, nothing's left dangling, and the purple socks Steve wears on page 137 don't morph into black fishnet stockings on page 142.  (Just kidding!)  I'll do a major editing pass over the next four to five days, then ask two long-established beta readers who haven't yet seen it to give it a quick read over next weekend and see what they think.  While they do that I'll do more editing passes.  All being well, the novel will be published in e-book format within 10-12 days, unless I need a few more days to fix any unexpected problems.  (Here's hoping not!)  A print edition will follow within another 1-2 weeks.

Yours truly is going to sleep well tonight. I'm a tired puppy!

Peter

8 comments:

Cameron said...

Congratulations. I look forward to adding it to my collection.

jumblerant said...

Great stuff peter - so excited!

TheAxe said...

Yay!

Borepatch said...

Bravo! I'm far too lazy to be a writer - this is pretty damn impressive, Peter.

Rev. Paul said...

I'm looking to another great read!

DoninSacto said...

Thank you for trying so hard. The first ones are a great read. Two more weeks is doable.

Mark J said...

Excellent, I cannot wait to download this to my Kindle!

Appreciate all the hard effort you have put into this series.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Peter,

We fans are waiting with antici-----pation of the latest release:)